Centrally-located in the heart of beautiful St. Louis, MO, classes are conducted in a chiropractic office.
Check out my blog section for updates and news from all around the field of childbirth, including Hypnobabies®.
What can you expect? Watch the birthing videos on our site to see how well Hypnobabies® has worked for others.
This free MP3 introduces you to the benefits of using childbirth hypnosis as well as the specific advantages of our Hypnobabies® program.
This hypnosis session allows you to experience deep physical relaxation throughout your entire body and a powerful hypnosis session.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to the most commonly asked questions about the Hypnobabies® program.
If you wish to accomplish something in reality, first picture yourself achieving it in the imagination.
You enter your birthing time fully educated and fully confident that you will attain a peaceful and blissful birth. As you begin your birthing time your mind remains focused and your body remains completely relaxed…so relaxed that your cervix just opens right up. Imagine that as your cervix opens your birthing waves (contractions) are effective yet very comfortable. You think of these contractions as a gentle hug around your waist that will bring your baby closer to meeting you so you can begin this beautiful journey together. Imagine that you are able to keep your eyes open, talk, laugh, move around, position yourself the way that feels most comfortable and most effective at bringing your baby down and out. Imagine the support you feel from those around you attending your baby’s birth, the positive calm energy that floats in the air and throughout your body, mind, and spirit. Imagine the euphoric feeling as you have just birthed your baby and you are now holding your baby and begin breastfeeding successfully.
You did it!
Here at Blissfully Birthed, we are here for you! We are specially trained to teach you self hypnosis, how to create medical anesthesia to the areas of your body to reduce or eliminate pain, and retrain your mind to know that birth is normal and natural. You will also learn how to have a healthy pregnancy with in depth nutrition and exercise, bond with your baby in utero, and release fears related to pregnancy and birth through using Hypnobabies® in the greater St. Louis area.
For decades in the United States, birth has been perceived as “painful” and that your body is working against you ineffectively. When someone tells you, you will experience pain, you are more likely to anticipate pain therefore, you will feel pain. Well, here at Hypnobabies® and at Blissfully Birthed we are here to share with you that your body is amazing and that it was designed to do this very magical and sacred thing. We are here to share that through using neutral words and powerful hypnotic suggestions you can recondition your mind to perceive these sensations just as that… sensations, a tight gentle hug.
At Blissfully Birthed featuring Hypnobabies®, we don’t teach pain coping techniques, we teach pain elimination through the use of Gerald Kein’s amazing medical hypnotic anesthesia. We will teach you how to completely relax every muscle and nerve in your body so that you can have a beautiful, blissful, gentle, and peaceful birth. Often our mothers will notice that their babies are calm, relaxed and alert after birth and in general have a calm disposition in early life. Most antepartum nurses notice a difference in the temperament of a baby who has received pitocin, epidural, and/or a traumatic entry by way of forceps or vacuum delivery. They state that those babies seem mad and cry a lot. Where as babies who were born naturally, seem to be calm, happy and alert.
At Blissfully Birthed, we provide you with the tools you need using Hypnobabies® to attain the birth you desire. Birth Peacefully. Birth Confidently. Birth Blissfully.
VISUALIZE IT. BELIEVE IT. ACHIEVE IT!
Hypnobabies® is a 6-week complete childbirth education course covering Nutrition, Prenatal Exercise, Staying Healthy and Low Risk, Birth Plans (preferences), Comfort in Pregnancy, Consumer issues (Birthing Choices), New Baby Care, and much more! Instead of doing patterned breathing or simple relaxation exercises, our Hypno-Moms and their Birth Partners do hypnosis sessions in class using Gerald Kein’s Painless Childbirth techniques so that our Hypno-moms can work towards having little or no pain when giving birth. We do a different hypnosis session in most of our classes and each hypno-couple takes home a modified script of the same session to work with, learning a new part of the program each week for 6 weeks. There is also reading homework each week. Since Hypnobabies is a complete childbirth education program, there is no need for our students to take any other childbirth classes. Hypnobabies was designed to FULLY prepare you for your birthing day. We have it all!
The most common misconceptions about Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis are, that hypnosis is merely another method of coping with pain, or that it’s pain management, or that hypnosis is just flowery guided imagery delivered in a monotone voice that induces deeper relaxation than other methods, or that hypnosis distances a woman from her body during herbaby’s birthing and denies her basic physiological responses that others create through enduring pain, or that women won’t remember their baby’s births, or that moms must lie still and listen intently to hypnosis recordings… their birthings entirely scripted, for hypnosis to be of any use. None of these assumptions are true of real self-hypnosis, deepened to the level of ‘somnambulism’, which is the depth of hypnosis that one must achieve to create an anesthesia effect in the body.
When a birthing woman is profoundly relaxed and deeply in a state of self-hypnosis, she responds to pre-programmed, post-hypnotic suggestions so profoundly that her body creates endorphins, seratonins, melatonins and other relaxing hormones and stress-reducing brain chemicals. This happens automatically and all the smooth muscles in her body, all the muscles controlled by the autonomic nervous system relax so powerfully, that a physiological response occurs that is perceived by the woman as a lessening of physical sensations, or a profound diminishing of discomfort, and for the majority of them…the elimination of pain entirely. Hypnotherapists call this phenomenon, “hypno-anesthesia”.
It’s common knowledge among those who teach clinical hypnosis for medical purposes,that hypnosis can slow a person’s pulse and respiration rates, and lower blood pressure,and eliminate pain entirely. Doctors and dentists use this type of hypnotic conditioning with their patients to create “hypno-anesthesia” for their patients who are allergic to medical anesthesia. These doctors and dentists perform surgeries with no medical anesthesia, with no pain and noside-effects.
Hypnobabies eyes-open childbirth hypnosis teaches the same medical self-hypnosis techniques that doctors and dentists use for their patients who cannot have medical anesthesia. Women listen to hypnosis scripts to learn a cue to instantly enterself-hypnosis, and how to deepen it to the level of somnambulism in order to create an anesthesia effect in their bodies. Hypnobabies mothers experience their contractions as “only pressure” or a bearing down sensation,or even like being squeezed or hugged tightly. Many Hypnobabies moms have described the sensation of their contractions as being very much like the sensation of a tight blood pressure cuff…intense, even sometimes mildly uncomfortable, but not automatically painful.
Hypnobabies moms learn to create hypno-anesthesia at the drop of a finger, literally. They learn to deepen their ability to do so by listening to a script designated to this purpose. Then with practice and by listening to other scripts, these women learn to strengthen the effects of this hypno-anesthesia in their bodies. They regularly practice scripts with their birth partners during their pregnancies to instill these skills as an automatic response to the sensations of their contractions when their labor begins. Through repetition and the resulting compounding effect, Hypnobabies moms learn to do all of this with their ‘eyes open’ so that they can move around and respond to their birthing body’s cues and their baby’s movements.
Why Choose Hypnobabies
- The Ultimate Reason: a calm, comfortable and easy, natural birth!
- You and your partner will be more relaxed during pregnancy, labor, and birth.
- Shorter labor due to lack of resistance in your birthing muscles.
- Fewer complications and interventions, as your body and mind stay completely relaxed during labor.
- Proper positioning of your baby during pregnancy and birth: Posterior and Breech babies can be turned with hypnosis.
- Fewer drugs or no drugs at all, meaning less risk of harmful side effects for you and your baby.
- The birthing environment is much more calm and peaceful when the natural childbirth mother is comfortable, relaxed, and confident.
- Birth partners are relaxed and confident and are able to enjoy their partners pregnancy and childbirth. These skills will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
- Our Hypno-moms are easily “deprogrammed” from the usual negativity of childbirth stories and scenarios they may have heard or read by way of training in Hypnobabies classes and audio CD’s that have positive messages and hypnotic suggestions. This automatically allows them to have a much more positive attitude and confidence in birthing.
- Elimination of the Fear/Tension/Pain Cycle.
Yeah… but does it really work?
The following are statistics from our founder’s students over several years:
- Comfortable labors – 70–75% Women who report that they felt mostly pressure or tightening sensations. Most of these women described their labor as “pain-free”.
- Comfortable until transition – 10–15% Pressure only until the 10–60 minute transitional period with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. “Very manageable.”
- Comfortable until active labor – 10% with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. This group can have any number of things that affect their birth experiences: posterior or mal-presentations that do not resolve, other labor complications, emotional issues, lack of support, or they simply did not do their homework (30 – 35 minutes a day)! Hypnosis won’t help someone who is not willing to do the work involved in preparing for her baby’s birth.
- Hypnobabies uses real Medical Hypnosis techniques called “hypno-anesthesia.” These are the same ones used for non-anesthetic medical and dental surgical procedures, (for those people who are allergic to medical anesthetics) and we have a very high success rate of unmedicated comfortable births.
- 7 instructional hypnosis scripts on CD, 6 scripts on paper, 2 Birthing CDs that keep our Hypno-moms in hypnosis during labor, 18 hours of instruction and includes a 218 page workbook. This is more than any other Hypnosis for Childbirth program. All of this compounding (repitition) is setting your inner mind up for success!
- Birth Partner’s Relax and Be confident CD along with their very own Birth Partner’s Guide Booklet and a Quick Reference Guide for labor.
- 2 Birthing Day CDs which our moms have said to be gold.
- New Mom and Baby Care booklet and many handouts.
- A Birthing Rehearsal in class 6: So that our Hypno-moms can experience using their actual Hypnobabies techniques and many different labor positions while in hypnosis in class which is invaluable, and also shows the Birth Partner hands on exactly how to use his/her cues and assistance. What a confidence builder and is unique to Hypnobabies!
- Six Hypnobabies scripts in print and spiral-bound so your partner can learn how to guide you into hypnosis and practice with you regularly.
- CD just for your partner: Birth Partner Be Calm & Confident
- Do you need to see it to believe it? Videos of Hypno-parents just like you using their Hypnobabies knowledge and skills during their baby’s birth!